Below you will find updated information regarding programming for each of our 18 members. This page will be updated as information becomes available. At this time, WISCAP staff are mostly working from home. You can visit this interactive map to help find which local agency you need to contact. If you have questions, or need further detail, please email Kassidy Farrey at email@example.com or call the WISCAP cell phone at (608) 284-0522. You can also leave a voicemail on the WISCAP office line at (608) 244-4422 and we will call you back.
Foundation for Rural Housing (Serves all counties except Dane, Milwaukee & Racine): FRH is a no-contact office, so services are still being offered as usual. Visit their website to find applications for assistance regarding: security deposits, rent, mortgage, utilities and property taxes.
UMOS (statewide agency): Updates will be posted soon. You can contact UMOS via their website or call them at 414-389-6000.
COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCIES
ADVOCAP (Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Winnebago):
In order to maintain the health of ADVOCAP’S Staff & Guests, our offices will be closed to the public as of Monday, March 23rd until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. Some services will still be offered. Many staff will still be available via phone. Please feel free to call us!
CAP Services (Portage, Waupaca, Outagamie, Waushara, Marquette): With the help of CAP Services’ community partners, including Portage County COVID-19 Relief Fund established by United Way of Portage County and the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin, National Exchange Bank Foundation, and additional generous donations from the community, CAP will be providing Emergency Grants for Households located in Portage, Marquette, and Waushara counties to combat the financial difficulties brought on by COVID-19. This grant will be open for applications starting Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
Central Wisconsin Community Action Council (Adams, Juneau, Sauk, Columbia, Dodge): For the safety of our staff, our guests, & our community, and to reduce the transmission of Covid-19, operations will be by appointment only until further notice. Offices currently have limited staffing. We encourage you to call and if unable to reach someone to leave a message on the reception answering machine with your name, contact number and a brief reason for your call.
- The Food Pantry will continue to remain OPEN and operate on its NORMAL schedule. Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 12 noon and again on Thursdays from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. Contact # 608-697-4612
- The Weatherization Department is closed until further notice.
- To reach the Homeless Unit Supervisor, call 608-254-8353 ext. 241
- To reach the Property Manager, call 608-254-8353 ext. 243 or 228
- To reach the Receptionist, call 608-254-8353 ext. 221
Community Action, Inc. of Rock & Walworth Counties (Rock & Walworth): Community Action is using a $3,000 grant from Stateline Community Foundation’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund to deliver groceries to at-risk senior citizens in Beloit. Stateline Community Foundation was phenomenal in their response: they approved our request the same day and delivered the check within 24 hours. Also, Community Action, Stateline Boys & Girls Club and Stateline Family YMCA are partnering to provide activity bags for students receiving free lunches at Hackett and Merrill elementary schools in Beloit.
Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin (Dane, Jefferson, Waukesha): Due to the seriousness of COVID-19, services at CAC offices will run by appointment only until further notice. Please leave your name, number, reason for calling and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank You for your patience during this time.
- For urgent needs in Dane County please call 608-246-4730.
- For urgent needs in Jefferson County please call 920-262-9667.
- To place an order for emergency clothing, call Bridgette Weber at 608-220-6409. Clothing donations are suspended until further notice. (Goodwill drop boxes are still collecting donations)
Couleecap (Crawford, Vernon, Monroe & La Crosse): Couleecap is committed to providing services and staff are ready to help. However, for the safety of all, we are trying to limit face to face contact as much as possible and have opted to work remotely. Until April 24th, all offices are closed to visitors. Please call or email if you are in need of our services. Couleecap is working to help people with their emerging needs. You can see their current list of resources here. They include:
- Bill Payment Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Energy Assistance
- Small Business Assistance
- Other assistance can be accessed here
Indianhead Community Action Agency (Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer, Rusk, Taylor, Clark): Due to COVID-19 and the Governor’s “Safer at Home” order, ICAA’s Administrative office and most locations are closed for a time. All programs, including Head Start, SSVF, and Home Visiting, are still offering remote services. Please contact us at 715-532-4222 with questions or to be connected to any program services.
Our Food Pantry locations are still operating as usual. However, food will be distributed through a prepackaged pick-up method instead of self-service. You can find hours of operation and contact information here.
Lakeshore Community Action Program (Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Kewaunee, Door): Lakeshore CAP offices are closed to the public; however, programming is still being offered by dedicated staff working from home. Inquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be patient for a response as all staff have different work schedules.
- Most food pantries are open their regular hours but are doing curbside pickup. Please call yours if you have questions. See Lakeshore CAP’s TEFAP page for 9 county locations, phone numbers and hours of operation.
- Other local resources in Lakeshore CAP’s area can be accessed here.
Newcap (Vilas, Oneida, Langlade, Forest, Florence, Shawano, Menominee, Marinette, Oconto, Brown): Newcap is serving our communities in a different way, but we are still here with you during this crisis. In an effort to protect our clients, staff, and their families and in keeping with orders from governmental authorities, Newcap has made the decision to have our staff work from home. All Newcap related updates and efforts can be found here.
- Community Health Clinics are still open and operating on a reduced schedule, please see our Offices Hours and Locations for that schedule. If you need to make an appointment with one of our Community Health Clinics please call 1-800-242-7334 and leave your name and phone number.
- Our food pantries are open on the following days: Oconto is open Mondays from 9:30AM-4PM. Marinette and Crandon are open Mondays and Thursdays from 8AM-4PM. If you have a food emergency or need food, please call 1-920-371-2993. If you are ill or quarantined, or if you don’t have transportation to get to us, please call 1-800-242-7334, and we will do everything we can to help.
- If you need help with: housing, transportation, employment or unemployment, emergency furnace repairs, weatherization (not currently operating but taking applications), making your finances work, assistance with your small business or any of our other programs, our staff is all working remotely and ready to assist you. Please give us a call at 1-800-242-7334.
- If you live in a Newcap Rental and need to speak to someone, please contact our Property Manager, Janice at Copperleaf Realty at 1-920-834-2231.
North Central Community Action Program (Lincoln, Marathon, Wood): Updates will be posted soon. You can visit NCCAP here.
- Kenosha WIC is here for you during COVID-19! Everything will be done electronically and over the phone. No need to come into the office—Your WIC benefits will help keep your family healthy. Contact us at 262-657-0840 or email@example.com
- Distribution of Senior Boxes will ONLY be held from 8am-3pm on the scheduled Friday pick-up date. Please note that Racine Kenosha Community Action Agency, Inc. WILL distribute senior boxes on Friday, April 17, 2020.
Social Development Commission (Milwaukee): The Social Development Commission is closed due to the “Safer at Home” order because of COVID-19. SDC will continue to operate our VITA-Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Weatherization & Emergency Furnace Program, and Food Service Program to meet the needs of our community during this time of crisis.
- Business and Career Services: All Absolute Advantage, ChefStart and YouthBuild classes or activities are cancelled. This includes graduations, information sessions, and regular classes.
- Education Services: All GED/HSED classes will be conducted online. No classes will be held at SDC. All testing in SDC’s Pearson Vue Center is suspended until further notice.
- Senior Services: All Foster Grandparent and Senior Companion program activities are cancelled.
- Youth Services: All youth activities including Saturday events are cancelled.
- Mental Health and Wellness: All mental health counseling services are cancelled. Navigators who help customers find health care benefits will have limited hours online only. There will be no in-person consultations.
- Residential Services: SDC’s Weatherization & Emergency Furnace programs are operating at a limited capacity to provide assistance for customers in need.
- Personal Finance and Tax Services: The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is operating in alternative ways due to the COVID-19. If you are in need of tax filing assistance please contact us at 414-906-2302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. VITA preparers will no longer complete Homestead only returns. Homestead returns will only be completed if filing a federal return also. Customers needing Homestead only assistance should please contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue at (414)227-4907.
- Financial Education: All one-on-one financial coaching sessions and workshops are cancelled.
- Nutritional Services: SDC’s Nutritional Services program will continue to provide service to Milwaukee County day care centers and neighborhood food sites during this time of crisis.
Southwestern Wisconsin Community Action Program (Grant, Richland, Iowa, LaFayette, Green): All updates for SWCAP regarding COVID-19 can be access here. Please visit that link for critical updates regarding: Food pantries, homelessness assistance, Community Treasurers Thrift Store, Community Connections Free Clinic, Behavioral Health Programs, Foster Grandparent Program, Head Start & Early Head Start, Housing Energy & Weatherization, Home Purchase and Rental Property Management, Neighborhood Health Partners Clinic, Skills Enhancement, and Job & Business Development.
West Central Wisconsin Community Action Program (Polk, Barron, Chippewa, St. Croix, Dunn, Pierce, Pepin): Due to COVID 19 the West CAP offices are closed to the public. However, many of our services are still available and we are working on expanding services as additional funds are made available. Please call 715-265-4271 and Press “0” for the receptionist to ask about West CAP programs and services. For other community services please visit our Resources Page to view resources by county.
Western Dairyland Economic Opportunity Council (Buffalo, Eau Claire, Trempealeau, Jackson): All Western Dairyland offices are closed due to the increased risk of COVID-19. For information about rescheduling or conducting appointments by phone, please call your nearest office: Eau Claire: 715-836-7511 OR Independence 715-985-2391
A majority of our employees will be working remotely during this time, and we will do our best to deliver services to everyone who needs them. Updates will be posted on the WDEOC website and on our Facebook page.